27.4.13

I Love New York


Hello all! It's only been a couple of weeks but boy do I miss blogging! It's just so difficult to get back into the swing of things after going on holiday, and it's been a super busy week. I had an awesome time in NYC. Luckily the weather was good, a couple of days were really gorgeous summer-like weather (unfortunately I hadn't packed any summer clothes so was kinda sweltering in jeans and boots!) - I suspect the ice cream parlours did big business those days! We did a lot of pounding the streets, checking out the different neighbourhoods,  the architecture,  doing all the major tourist attractions but also checking out loads of art galleries and museums which was fun. Our hotel was pretty much right on Times Square which was great for the hustle and bustle, but we really loved Greenwich as it was so pretty and chilled out. Hopefully I get to go back to New York one day as it really is a city with a thousand stories to tell.

Predictably, I did a lot of people watching and style-spotting whilst over there. I don't think I picked up on any new trends but there was definitely an abundance of neon. Fluoro New Balance or Nike trainers were everywhere and there was loads of emerald, cobalt & neon lime in the shops. I saw a few people who I though had great style, but not as may as I was expecting (maybe I wasn't going to the right places!) Minimal chic tailoring seemed to be key to the city sleek look, with plenty of black, but New Yorkers also do a nice line in casual, laid-back looks. Well I'll be posting more in the coming days about my NYC adventures so stay tuned peeps!

1 comment:

Marcela Gmd said...

I love NY too!!! would you like to follow each other?
Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥